This workshop is for you if you:
- Would like to click together a meeting video/audio recordings archiving tool that indexes the content of your meetings and makes them searchable
- Would like to set up an automated email processing tool that automatically responds unsolicited offer from subcontractors with a supplier evaluation form
- Want to send an SMS to your customers when project milestones are reached
- Would like to create an archive from the emails you’ve received from your customers’ project management tools
- Want to set up a proof of concept for an monetised API from the data you have in a Drupal site
Join us to learn about a number of important 3rd party integration services. We’ll contact them and try to get free API accounts so that we can go crazy and build a prototype for your favorite business app idea.
Be it for mobile dashboard applications, specialised input apps or for process management, if you are trying to keep things as user friendly as possible, a custom mashup can evolve to be lightyears better adjusted to your business needs than any multipurpose SaaS application. A generalist SaaS application can for example never automatically take into account the full context available in your business.
When you want to increase your productivity in your business, there is a high likelihood that there is a product on the market that provides the functionality you need. But it is possible that it’s workflow will not be suitable for you.
The workflow that can be provided through a SaaS product is not always optimal, it might even decrease productivity and motivation if a lot of extra manual work is required..
This is where APIs can make a big difference.. Drupal is not only a powerful CMS system, but also a good platform choice for integrating APIs:
- There is a high chance that the API already has some kind of integration with Drupal.
- The Data you feed to the API, and the data that it returns can be automatically provided, visualised or modified by a large number of modules in Drupal that can help you customise the experience.
- And Drupal obviously provides some basic functionality such as user and permission management which you don’t have to implement from scratch, just use it and extend it.
- And most importantly, you own the bricks: if anything happens with the APIs you use to build you app, you can switch them out for another API. It is easier to remain the owner of your data.
This is why we believe that Drupal is a great prototyping tool for clicking together an MVP for your app. With the prototype you can then:
- Validate the need for the application product
- Make a business case for your management
- Reach out to potential customers with a working prototype
Most important of all though, it is super fun to build mashups with APIs, We hope you will join us...
Register on EventBrite(password required): https://www.eventbrite.it/e/drupal-dev-days-2016-workshop-prototyping-productivity-apps-in-drupal-tickets-25764224489
If you haven't received the password via email, please contact us mentioning your EventBrite order id and we'll send it to you.